Top Dressing your beds helps to dramatically reduce Weed Growth.
Using Apsley Farms Mulch as a Top Dressing will reduce the usual garden maintenance, suppress and stop weed growth and give a professional finish to your garden.
It will add three main beneficial nutrients Nitrogen, Phosphorus and Potassium to soil throughout the season.
Made from a mix Anaerobically produced fibrous material consisting of rye, maize, barley and grass, we are proud to say that it has been certified for Organic Use by the Soil Association.
How to use and apply:
- Apply early Spring to mid Summer
- Mulch is easy to apply to the surface of the beds using a folk, spade and rake
- We recommend to weed the area beforehand
- Spread a 2” – 3″ layer of mulch over the bed – we recommend keeping a 2” gap around any plants in the bed to avoid any chance of burning
- The result will increase water retention in the soil, add nutrients at a steady rate and gives a professional finish to your borders and flower beds
Key Product details in no particular order
- Contains healthy amounts of Nitrogen, Potassium and Phosphorus and other beneficial trace elements
- Soil Association approved for Organic Use
- Improves soil structure
- Helps moisture retention
- Light and easy to handle
- Aesthetically pleasing.
- Reduces soil erosion
- Increases the protection of roots
- Weed free
- Made from rye, maize, barley and grass.
- Waste, plastic and peat free
- Attracts worms to your garden
- Vegan friendly
- pH 8-8.5
Apsley Farm mulch process:
- Made from rye, maize, barley and grass, all used as the feed crops are farmed and cultivated by Apsley Farms.
- They are stored in large storage sacks to pickle for a minimum of 6 weeks, known as the Ensiling Process
- The crops are added to the Anaerobic Digestor for 150+ days producing Green renewable energy.
- The process kills all seed traces
- Each 730 litre bag of Apsley Farms Mulch will heat a home for 15 days.