Apsley farms mulch is made from
Anaerobically produced fibrous material, we are proud to say that it has been certified for Organic Use by the Soil Association.
- Rye, maize and sugar beet used as the feed crops are farmed and cultivated by Apsley Farms.
- The crops are stored in large storage sacks to pickle for around 6 months
- It is then added to the Anaerobic Digestor for 150+ days to produce Green renewable energy, both gas and electricity. This process kills all seed traces that might be found.
- Each 730 litre bag of Apsley Farms Mulch will have heated a home for 15 days.
There are two different ways we would recommend of using our mulch
As a top dressing
As a soil improver
- Contains healthy amounts of Nitrogen, Potassium and Phosphorus and other beneficial trace elements
- Soil Association approved for Organic Use
- Improves soil structure for both heavy clay and sandy soils
- Helps moisture retention
- Light and easy to handle and once applied is aesthetically pleasing.
- Reduces soil erosion during heavy rain
- Increases the protection of roots
- Weed free
- Made up of rye, maize and sugar beet.
- Waste, plastic and peat free
- Attracts worms to your garden
- Vegan friendly
- pH 8-8.5