Strong and Healthy grass starts by feeding your soil
Use Apsley farms mulch as a lawn dressing, help create a seed bed for turf or seed. Our Organic approved mulch is the perfect alternative to chemicals and other synthetic materials.
Our mulch will maintain and promote healthy topsoil to provide strong root growth which is key to a strong and vibrant looking lawn and sports pitch. Use our new spreading serivce on your lawns and sports pitch.
Made from a mix of Anaerobically produced fibrous material consisting of rye and maize, we are proud to say that it has been certified for Organic Use by the Soil Association.
How and to use and apply:
To Lawn Dressing apply in Winter through to mid Spring.
- Spread the mulch in an even thin layer over the grassed area.
- Using a rake to spread, while gently working the mulch to soil level.
- Our ‘trade secret’ for a successful mulch is mowing without collecting the clippings! This will help break up our mulch and give the beneficial nutrients in our mulch time to leach into the soil.
- If applying in winter – continue for the first cut in the spring.
- If applying in spring – continue for the first 2 cuts on a higher setting than normal, depending on the weather conditions and length of grass shoots.
To create a Seed Bed mix, apply Spring time to Summer.
- Weed and remove any stones from the area and soil.
- Mix 20% mulch with 80% soil and rotovate or dig it in, usually 20-25cm depth
- Tread the area and level, using a rake – tip do it in different directions.
- After cultivation leave 5-7 days to settle before seeding/turfing.
- For the first three cuts don’t collect the clippings.
Key product details in no particular order
- Contains healthy amounts of Nitrogen, Potassium and Phosphorus and other beneficial trace elements
- Soil Association approved for Organic Use
- Improves soil structure
- Helps moisture retention – especially sandy soil
- Light and easy to handle
- Made up of rye, maize, and sugar beet.
- Waste, plastic, and peat-free
- Attracts worms to your garden
- Vegan friendly
- pH 8-8.5
Apsley Farms Mulch process:
- Made from rye, maize and sugar beet, all used as the feed crops are farmed and cultivated by Apsley Farms.
- They are stored in large storage sacks to pickle for a minimum of 6 weeks, known as the ensiling process
- The crops are added to the anaerobic digestor for 150+ days producing Green renewable energy.
- The process kills all seed traces
- Each 730 litre bag of Apsley Farms Mulch will heat a home for 15 days.