Apsley Farms Mulch main uses are to, suppress weeds as a Top Dressing, increase nutrients acting as a Soil Improver, and help with water retention.
Our mulch helps the soil to retain moisture and prevent weeds from growing in summer, and to allow rain to penetrate the soil, protect the roots of plants and increase nutrients in winter.
- When applying our Mulch this Spring, we would strongly recommend leaving a space around your emerging, tender young plants. This will avoid any chance of any burning issues.
There are three different ways we would recommend of using our mulch, please click on links below to see how best to apply:
Using Apsley Farms Mulch as a Soil Improver to increase the quality of your gardens soil condition, a healthy garden or allotment starts with heathly soil. Please click to find out more – Soil Improver
Using Apsley Farms Mulch as a top dressing will reduce the usual garden maintenance, surpress and stop weed growth and give a proffessional finish to your garden. Please click to find out more – Top Dressing.
Use Apsley farms mulch as a lawn dressing, help create a seed bed for turf or seed. Our Organic approved mulch is the perfect alternative to chemicals and other synthetic materials. Please click to find out more – Lawn Dressing
Apsley farms mulch is made from
Anaerobically produced fibrous material, we are proud to say that it has been certified for Organic Use by the Soil Association.
- Rye, maize and sugar beet used as the feed crops are farmed and cultivated by Apsley Farms.
- The crops are stored in large storage sacks to pickle for around 6 months
- It is then added to the Anaerobic Digestor for 150+ days to produce Green renewable energy, both gas and electricity. This process kills all seed traces that might be found.
- Each 730 litre bag of Apsley Farms Mulch will have heated a home for 15 days.
- Contains healthy amounts of Nitrogen, Potassium and Phosphorus and other beneficial trace elements
- Soil Association approved for Organic Use
- Improves soil structure for both heavy clay and sandy soils
- Helps moisture retention
- Light and easy to handle and once applied is aesthetically pleasing.
- Reduces soil erosion during heavy rain
- Increases the protection of roots
- Weed free
- Made up of rye, maize and sugar beet.
- Waste, plastic and peat free
- Attracts worms to your garden
- Vegan friendly
- pH 8-8.5
|Units||Results||Amounts per fresh tonne|
|Oven Dry Matter||%||20.6||206|
|Total Nitrogen||% w/w||2.59||5.34|
|Total Phosphorus (P)||% w/w||0.605||2.85|
|Total Potassium (K)||% w/w||2.71||6.7|
|Total Magnesium (Mg)||% w/w||0.331||1.13|
|Total Sulphur (S)||% w/w||0.303||1.56|
|Total Copper (Cu)||mg/kg||11.3||<0.01|
|Total Zinc (Zn)||mg/kg||51.2||0.01|
|Total Sodium (Na)||% w/w||0.047||0.13|
|Total Calcium (Ca)||mg/kg||8921||1.84|
How our Mulch is composted down after three months.
|pH – 6.8 – 7.3|
|Unit||Results||Amount per fresh tonne|
|Oven Dry Matter||%||12.1||121|
|Total Nitrogen||% w/w||3.14||3.8|
|Total Phororus (P)||% w/w||0.45||1.25|
|Total Potassium (K)||%w/w||0.174||0.25|
|Total Magnesium (Mg)||%w/w||0.243||0.49|